Monday, January 14, 2008

Strep Throat

Have any of you ever had this? Well, I guess I should have seen something bad like this coming after working with kids so much. I started feeling like I was getting a cold and then woke up one morning with half of my throat swollen shut and white spots all over it. Not to mention the chills, fever and extreme exhaustion. I couldn't even move to go to the doctor until Saturday and he prescribed me some penicillin. I'm crossing my fingers that no one in my family gets this because I wouldn't wish it on anyone. And it's been pretty entertaining trying to talk, what with the drugs and the swollen throat. Maybe this is Heavenly Father's way of telling me I need to be quiet for a little while!

10 comments:

Macdonalds said...

I'm so sorry! Strep is awful. I catch it so easily and can sympathize. Get lots of rest! I hope no one else catches it.

Kimm said...

I used to be the queen of strip throat until they finally took out my tonsils and I haven't had it since. Knock on wood!!

Clay and Katy said...

Strep is no fun...hope you feel better.

How fun to find each other through blogs!! I am excited to catch up with you...where are you now??

We are in Washington (Oregon right before that) and are all doing well!! Jack will be 1 in a week I cant believe it! Kids grow way too fast! How do you like having two??? It is so good to hear from you!

Unknown said...

Not good. Feel better.
That's so exciting to get into a house! I'm looking forward to that possibility this summer. Congrats! WA is good, but we're hoping to move to Logan, ut where aaron's family is from. But we'll see how that goes:)

Anna said...

Oh I'm so sorry, I get strep all the time it feels like, in fact I have gotten it so much that I know when I have it. I just need the doctor for the drugs. :) Hope you feel better soon!!!! We moved to Centerville about a month ago, and love it! Hope you don't mind I put a link to your blog from mine.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

AMBER!! It is so great to hear from you. Your girls are so cute. I can't believe Samantha is a sunbeam. We love Texas. I miss our families but every thing else here is great. Tell Brandon hi for us.

Thanks for writing. I'll be sure to keep up on your blog now.

Karin

Johnsons said...

Yuck!! I hate strep throat. I have never felt more sick than when I had strep. Good luck, I hope the meds kick in soon.

Johnsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kent & Beka said...

So sorry you are sick! There is not many things worse than a nasty sore throat! I hope you are feeling better soon! Love ya girl!

BBC said...

oh no! i have no idea why your link disappeared!!! don't worry, i have replaced it! :) you're so funny!