I love living where we do, especially this time of the year where there is so much to do. We went to 2 days of Summerfest and the girls loved every minute of it. Summerfest is just our city's celebration with a 5k run, that Brandon registered for, but ended up not being able to go, a big carnival with tons of rides, activites and yummy food booths, and a parade with fireworks. Last year, Brandon was out of town, so I took the girls by myself. With my prego belly this year, I was really glad that Brandon was able to come...even though he hates crowds and wasn't too excited himself. In the end, he had as much fun as the girls!This was Amy's first time that she could actually ride the rides and she was SOOOO excited! I think she loved the boats the best!
This giant slide was also a hit with everyone in the family. I barely got to go on because the lady saw that I was pregnant, but she let me go anyway. You have to hike up the stairs and then sit on a big burlap sack that sends you down so fast. Amy laughed so hard--I swear the girl has no fear!
We were a little nervous that Amy wouldn't hold onto the horse on the carasel, but she clung to that thing like it was nothing!
They both loved picking out a duck and getting a guaranteed prize--a squirt gun and a tamborine!
And I especially loved the food booths--cotton candy, elephant ears, churros, snow cones, and this one fabulous Hawaiian Booth that had amazing pulled pork and teryaki chicken. Samantha loved it all too--notice her lovely blue teeth from her snow cone!
Right before we left, we went and got balloon animals. Samantha got a butterfly and Amy got a monkey with a banana. Then the girls made necklaces at the kid's craft area. We had so much fun and after 2 days, we were ready for a long nap and some aloe vera--yes, I got sunburned. I lathered up the kids and Brandon, but I guess I forgot me! Oh well! I've got a spectacular farmer's tan now!
2 years ago



3 comments:
Yeah, I love summerfest. Too bad we didn't see each other there this year. Scout also adores the rides. My kids loved the Indiana Jones one. By the way, Dave got a shirt for Brando. He said that he would try and drop it off today, or you can go by the station (the one by the mall).
How fun! I really get home sick this time of year with all of the parades and carnivals you have out there. I am glad you guys had a good time. I love that you went down the slide prego!!
we love summerfest, too! it's so fun when the kiddies get big enough to do fun stuff!
Post a Comment