2 days after Thanksgiving, my father-in-law was gracious enough to install a new faucet and valve in our kitchen sink. Well, apparently while he was gone in the afternoon getting the new valve, there was a leak that no one knew about. It wasn't until about 11:00 that night when I was doing my lesson in our office for church the next morning (not procrastinating at all of course) that I heard a funny sound. I went into our guest room and heard "drip, drip, drip, drip" only 10 x faster! Upon turning the light on, I witnessed a small waterfall coming from the ceiling directly under where the kitchen sink is. I yelled for my father-in-law to come and everyone else that was in my house. All I could do was laugh the entire time. The flood really could have been much worse, but luckily (or not) the mattress soaked up most of the water. And, ironically enough, my brother-in-law, Cody, who happens to be living in that room, works for a restoration company that cleans up floods in homes. Unfortunately he was in Arizona at the time, but arrived home the next night. This is the time when you wish you could still call a landlord to come fix everything!Here is the mattress drying on a tarp in our entry way. Notice the lovely yellow stains. Anyone want to come stay with us?
Here is the ceiling where everything was leaking. Mostly it was coming out of the vent, but there were some bubbles on the wall and ceiling that we had to pop to get the water out.
When Cody got home, he had to poke holes in the ceiling and put a big fan underneath them to make sure everything dried. It really could have been a lot worse. We just have to patch the holes and repaint a little, but you all know of my love for painting!
2 years ago



2 comments:
Leaking water is the worst! I'm glad that Brandon's family was there to help. You should have saved the water for the Christmas tree!
You are stinkin hilarious..I think I would have laughed too. I wish I still would have been there to see it all!! Love your guts, cuz in law!!
Post a Comment