Friday, July 18, 2008

Memories

Okay, I never do tags, but I gave in to this one. It's really fun to think back to good times!


1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

11 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I love when we all say we never give in to tags or don't like them, but then we do them. Let's just face it, sometimes they are fun. =)

Oh where to begin...your hooded head every morning on the way to seminary, sneaking out to rollerblade at night in the park. Our super duper 80's bash we threw for ourselves. (We looked really good.) Road trip after road trip after road trip. See Dave Matthews together when I'm pretty sure he was wasted. Being surprised by our husbands for the Sarah Mac concert and loving our girls night out. (Why don't we do that more often?) Hanging out at your house when it was just Linc and Samantha around. Being in the hospital together when our babies were born. But the most fun I've had can be summed up as "our college years". Too many moments, excursions and parties to count. Oh, and fanball! The list could go on! Love you.

Kent & Beka said...

Oh amber,
Fanball IS a great memory- and watching Tyse start it at Shay's with the balloons was really rewarding as a mom=
but my best memories must be playing the guitar/fiddle late at night with those stinky married people getting mad about it- don't know know that if you live in singles housing it isn't quiet at midnight?
Spending the day in the mountains and getting double whammied- a snake and lightning on the same trip!
That great trip to CO with Dave and Gary and hiking up hanging lake in 3 feet of snow (just did that hike last summer in no snow and barely made it- how did we make it in the snow?
Myriads of other memories- I may have to re-comment later when I have time to think a little more!

Anna said...

I remember talking to you and Samantha in the hall at church once, and you were pregnant with Amy. You weren't telling people the gender so it was hilarious when Samantha blurted out that she was getting a sister. Haha!!

Macdonalds said...

I remember one Sunday someone sneezed and Samantha blurted out "bless you bless you bless you". It was very funny and cute. I always admired your positive outgoing attitude when you were pregnant and really sick too.

Karin said...

I remember when Amy was born and we came over to visit you. Emily and I had so much coming to see you guys. You have such beautiful girls.

I also remember playing with Samantha while you were getting ready to move.

Karin

Johnsons said...

Jimmy's favorite memory is putting goldfish in a toilet outside your door.

Mine would be going boating with the boys in October, or was it November? Also the countless movie nights, pinball games, and late night talks at the guys house.
You are the greatest, and I am so glad that we can all keep in touch.

Lucy said...

I remember being your visiting teaching companion for something like 2 years and how we'd have to plan our visits on separate days because we'd spend so long talking.

Doug and Shayla said...

Okay, so where to start? The hike in little Moab also stands out in my mind....I'm so glad there were no bites by snakes. :) Getting pulled over on the way home from Harry-O's...ha ha. Getting dressed in all black to play steal the flag and on other occasions to decorate people's cars. Talking outside late at night at Liberty Square and having people yell at us for being so loud...oops. "I like big butts and I cannot lie..." in Coeur d'Alene. Canoeing in Duschene and the beaver in the fridge :). You telling me that you were pregnant with Samantah in the sealing room right after I got married and I kind of screamed and then remembered where we were. There are many more I'm sure. Thanks for being such a good friend. It was great to play last weekend. love ya.

Unknown said...

Thanks, it is exciting! And yes the church is back there and the bishop lives across the street from us:)

Guess we better go to church now:) LOL

The Despain Gang said...

All my memories are at Liberty Square and I think one of my most vivid is the twinkle lights hung from your ceiling and seeing you and your roomies hang them. Another is staying up late talking and watching movies on those crazy couches. Another is the going away party for Lora. All so good!
-melissa
PS: Oh and never to forget "Silver Bullet"

T-Lo said...

I remember driving to Walla Walla with you, Brandon and Sam during Winter to watch Ben's b-ball game. After a while, you traded spots with Brandon and floored it on treacherous roads and simply said that you just wanted to get there.