On Thursday, we spent the day with my dad. It was his birthday, so it worked out really well that we got to be there. He picked us up and took us to his new house where he has a dog named Buddy, lots of fish and a cat. The girls loved playing with the dog and I can't wait to have a big house one day where we can actually get one. For those of you who don't know, my dad recently bought a horse and so the girls found this cowboy hat and a horse to ride on over at his house. They were so excited to go see the real thing!My dad and one of my best friends that I grew up with happen to be in the same ward at church, so he took me over to her house. I haven't seen Mara since Samantha was a baby, so it was SO fun to catch up with her. She has a little girl named Lizzie who is about 5 months older than Amy. The girls had fun playing together while Mara and I chatted away.
Oh ya, did I mention that she is pregnant too? She is a little less than 2 months behind me, but you can't even tell! Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? Perhaps my large belly and chest and she's still skinny! I miss her, but it was so fun to get together while I was out there.
After that, we had a BBQ at my dad's house and my brother came over. Then we all headed over to see his horse. There are a bunch of horses there, so we got to see them all and feed them some carrots. The girls LOVED it--especially Samantha!
My favorite horse was Leroy. He was so sweet and having him eat out of your hand made it tickle.
There was also a baby horse and its mother--so cute!
And this was the biggest pile of poop that I have ever seen--gross! After the horses, we went back to my dad's house and had ice cream cake and sang Happy Birthday. It was a fun exhausting day and I was glad the girls fell asleep on the way home!
2 years ago



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time. I'm not suprised that Brandon came with roses. He is so sweet. Not so much for flying anymore now that you have to pay for 4 people. I was wondering about the bathingsuit? Do you need me to send you money?
Amber, It was so fun to see you and your girls, Sorry I missed getting to see you again on that Saturday!!, can't wait til you come back again. Mara
Post a Comment