So Amy turned 18 months on Sunday and it was her first day of nursery at church. I was very excited. We've taken her before, but have always stayed because she wasn't old enough. I don't know if you know my kids or not, but they are very attached at the hip. I took Amy in and she was playing great...when she could see me out of the corner of her eye. I sneaked out and it wasn't long before I could hear her cry emanating off the walls of the church. She only lasted for half of nursery before they brought her to me. How do I raise such mama's girls?
2 years ago



9 comments:
She is absolutely a doll!!! I love her cheeks!! Kaylee will go to nursery in september I'm just so glad that Mikelle will still be in nursery with her until Jan. Kaylee is a total mommies girl too but I hope having Mikelle in there will help.
If I had a momma like you, I'd want to hang around, too! Duh! btw, the photo of your girls at the top is absolutely gorgeous. What darlings!
She will get used to it..... eventually. LOL. I find it better to tell Kyah that I am leaving and let her know that I am coming back, that way she doesn't have the sudden freak out thinking she's been abandoned and I'm never coming back. I started out coming back like ten minutes later and then 20 and the 30 and so on. She finally got used to it and is a champ now! Good luck!!
i love that my kids are so attached...except when i want to go somewhere or leave them at church :) it's a pain but a blessing! i hope she has a better time this week!
awww those pics are soooo cute!!! Amy looks so much like Samantha did at that age.
She'll get used to it. Just give her time. Oddly enough, when I put Scout in 2 months ago she has done fine and now absolutely loves it. Linc is still another story....
.Amy is strong, she'll come through
I think 18 months is the absolute worst time to put a child in nursery. Almost every little toddler I know goes through a "I WON'T BE LEFT IN NURSERY" stage. Stranger anxiety and mommy leaving is terrifying at that age. 15 months or even 21 months would so much better. Sorry you have started that fun battle again.....
It really helped us to have Dad take the kids to nursery. We always told them we would be back to get them. Jeff was just better at not standing outside the door and bawling with your child crying inside (like I did) :)
wow 18 months, i can't believe how quick that went! i am so jealous of the fact to you get to put her in nursery... the girls are so cute.
Congratulations! (Perhaps a little premature as Amy is not convinced she's excited about it). I'm counting down to when Audrey can go. I hope she goes as easily as Richard does!
Post a Comment