Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Little Miracles

So at Samantha's Princess Party, her cousin, Maylie, gave her a Target gift card to go get a Princess Barbie. We went there yesterday, and I had given her the card to hold on to so that she could pay for her present. She had picked out the Little Mermaid Barbie and was holding it when she said, "Mommy, where's my card?!" We looked everywhere for it and even went back to the car and retraced our steps. No card anywhere. So I made her put the Barbie back, to which she had a little breakdown, and I did feel really bad. When we were in the car, I said a little prayer, but then the thought came to my mind that a child's prayer is probably more powerful. So Samantha said her own prayer that we would find her card, or that if someone else found it, that they would turn it in to the lost and found. Today, I was over at the post office, which is across the street from Target, when I had the feeling to just go over and check to see if it was there. Well, when I got to the customer service center, firstly, my home teacher was in line in front of me, and I talked to him and his wife for a minute, but when I got up to the service desk and asked them about the card, they looked and there it was!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I was so excited. Today is Samantha's birthday, so not only did I get to give her her present that she had to put back, but I got to teach her a lesson that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and that He heard her prayer. I seriously almost started crying when they handed me the gift card at the store. I'm glad to live in a place where there are still honest people! Happy Birthday Samantha!


6 comments:

Anna said...

cute story, I'm so glad that you found it and were able to get her that princess. Mikelle loves those barbie princesses.

Kimm said...

The little mermaid is my favorite. I am glad she got her card back. Thats the worst when you lose them. Tell her happy birthday from Kimmi!!

Erin said...

Best Story Ever!!! Love it!

Johnsons said...

That is a great story!! I love when they are able to see firsthand the things that we try to teach them. Tell her we said Happy Birthday.

Macdonalds said...

Great story! I'm glad that you found the gift card. Happy birthday!

Doug and Shayla said...

What a sweet story. Thanks so much for letting us come to her party. It was a huge hit. :)