So it seems like there's been a lot of "tagging" lately, so I thought that I would come up with a tag of my own that would benefit me. Sound selfish? Well, hopefully it will benefit you too!
For those of you who don't know, I love to cook, mostly bake. I love seeing how all the separate ingredients come together to form something delicious. Can you tell I was just upstairs baking chocolate chip cookies? Anyway, I thought that it would be fun to post some recipes that I really like, or that are easy to make and then hopefully have anyone that reads this and wants to participate, post some yummy, delicious, or easy recipes on their blog. You can just leave a comment so that we know who is doing it and then you can link to them from my page. I love collecting recipes and I'm always searching for something new that someone has already told me is good. I know some of you already love to cook, so you should be loaded! What do you feed your family for dinner? What is your favorite treat? I'm looking for a good dinner roll and cinnamon roll recipe. Here are a couple of my recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 1/4 cups flour 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda 2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt 1 egg
1 cup butter 1 pkg chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Stir together flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light & fluffy.
3. Add vanilla & egg.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop by rounded teasponfulls, 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I usually do 9)
8. Place on cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen, if you don't eat too much dough!
Katie's Artichoke Dip
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
8 oz. pkg cream cheese
1 garlic clove, pressed
14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers.
Combine cheeses, mayo & garlic in food processor. Process until smooth. Place mixture in slow cooker. Add artichoke and peppers, stir well. Cover & cook on low for 1 hour. Stir again.
*I just put everything in the crock pot and make sure I stir it when it is melted. You might want to double this recipe!
Parmesan Dijon Chicken
3 chicken breasts (I like to half mine and pound them a little flat)
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 Tbs dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375°
1. Mix crumbs and cheese.
2. Combine butter & mustard.
3. Dip chicken in butter mixture,
4. Bake uncovered for 20-30 min
Well, there's a few. I hope to be seeing a lot more! :)



5 comments:
I want in!! That sounds like fun.
Dana posted a red velvet cake on her blog if you want to try it. Valentine's Day is coming up....!
oh yeah i still need to post a recipe, well things are crazy at my house but I promise I will do it.
Here's ine of my favorites:
The Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
PORK, made in Crock pot
3.5 lbs pork roast
1 bottle taco sauce (8 oz)
1 T cumin
1 C brown sugar
1 can Dr. Pepper (or more)
Cover roast 1/2 with water. Cook for a couple of hours then switch to low, that will make it shred easier. Cook pork in pot on low for 4 more hours.
Add ingredients to pork 3 hours before it is done.
When you add the other ingredients, take out some of the water, leaving only about an inch or two of juices in the bottom of the pot.
If your meat is not easily shreddable and tender, it needs more cooking time.
I served this up with Lime Rice and all the other fixings--my favorite being the yummy tomatillo salad dressing. We enjoyed this meal as leftovers for several days. The meat was still great in quesadillas several days later.
I have a great recipe for rolls/cinnamon rolls given to me by a lady who use to make the rolls at the IF Temple. I'll send that your way soon.
Post a Comment